- You can’t make Chrome the default browser on your iPhone, but you can move the app to the Dock at the bottom of your screen, making it easily accessible whenever you are on the Home screen.
- Apple does not allow you to change the default browser on iPhone, so it will remain Safari, even if you prefer Chrome or another browser.
- To move Chrome to the Dock, tap and hold the app icon until it starts to jiggle, then drag it to the Dock. You may need to remove an app from the Dock first to make room for it.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow you to make Google Chrome (or any other browser) your default web browser on your iPhone. Safari is tightly integrated into the Apple operating system, and cannot be changed — at least not in the current version of iOS.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to add Chrome to the Dock on your iPhone
1. If you already have four apps in the doc, you need to begin by removing one of them to make room for Google Chrome.
- Tap and hold an app icon until all of your apps begin to jiggle and an “X” appears at the top-left of the app.
2. If you are running iOS 13 or later, you will see a pop-up menu appear over the icon you’re holding. Continue to tap and hold and this will disappear after a moment before you eventually get to the jiggle mode.
3. Drag the app out of the Dock and place it on the Home screen.
4. Tap and drag the Chrome app icon into the Dock.
5. Tap “Done” in the upper-right corner of the screen.