Thomas Cook latest – Kind-hearted stranger pays for Brit cancer survivor stranded in Majorca with heart medication to fly home


A KIND-HEARTED stranger paid for a British cancer survivor’s flight home from Majorca after she was at risk of being stranded without heart medication if Thomas Cook goes under.

The man, named only as Colin, paid for Jackie Ward and her daughter Amy’s return flight after they told their flight might be cancelled.

 Jackie Ward and her daughter Amy's flight back to the UK from Majorca was paid for by a man only known as Colin

3

Jackie Ward and her daughter Amy’s flight back to the UK from Majorca was paid for by a man only known as ColinCredit: Sky News

The 178-year-old British travel firm needs to secure £200million to pay creditors by 11.59pm tonight or else it goes but – leaving 150,000 Brits stranded.

Jackie, 58, and 24-year-old Amy, of Newcastle, said told Sky News they booked their with Thomas Cook to celebrated the mum getting the all-clear from cancer.

Jackie said her holiday was “ruined” by the fear she only packed enough medication for her heart medication to last until today.

Her daughter fought back tears when she said her mum’s condition was “life-threatening”.

Both thought their flights would be cancelled as the travel firm plunged deeper into a financial crisis.

Colin contacted Sky and said: “I have booked them flights home regardless of the airline’s outcome.

“They will be home Monday as planned now and can relax and enjoy what’s left of the trip.”

CRUNCH TIME

The ailing firm’s chief executive was filmed leaving the crisis talks today with this head down.

Dr Peter Fankhauser, 58, remained tight lipped after he emerged from the eight-hour meeting at law firm Latham & Watkins, in Bishopsgate, central London.

READ  Tourists in Philippines fined £40 for wearing bikini that was basically a ‘string’

The Swiss businessman didn’t answer questions on if a deal had been reached or if they are considering asking the government for a bailout.

Thomas Cook has begged its lenders to cut the money to see them through the winter period.

Card acquirers are also being asked to release £50million of cash they are holding as collateral against Thomas Cook bookings, Sky News reports.

If the company goes under, thousands of holidaymakers face being stranded abroad, unable to attend key events such as weddings or return to work.

It comes after the firm has been forced to refund Brit holidaymakers in Tunisia who were “held hostage” in hotels as bosses feared the firm was about to go bust.

Gates were locked and guests were warned they had to settle up with their hotels — despite having already paid the holiday company.

Those who forked out the extra money by credit card at Les Orangers in Hammamet have now been refunded by Thomas Cook and moved elsewhere.

READ  Club Med is looking for a family to review all-inclusive resorts and they will even pay you £500
 Thomas Cook's chief executive Dr Peter Fankhauser remained tight-lipped after emerging from crunch talks today

3

Thomas Cook’s chief executive Dr Peter Fankhauser remained tight-lipped after emerging from crunch talks today
 The Thomas Cook check-in counter at Gatwick Airport was deserted today

3

The Thomas Cook check-in counter at Gatwick Airport was deserted todayCredit: Rex Features


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.






READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here