Tax refunds deadline: How to claim back payments

If you think you’re owed payments for paying too much tax previously, head over to

You’ll need to answer a few questions about what type of tax you’ve overpaid, as well as when you paid the tax.

You’ll need your employer’s PAYE reference number – which should be on your P60 – as well as details of any other taxable income you’ve received.

If you’d rather not fill out your form online, you can call or write to HMRC and explain why you think you’ve overpaid.

Anybody that chooses to write or call HMRC will need their National Insurance number, as well as their P45, if they have one.


READ  Surge in home loans to first-time buyers


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here