Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Friday:
• Retail stocks were on watch in premarket trade by 8:40 AM ET (13:40 GMT) as the biggest shopping day of the year kicked-off. Macy’s (NYSE:) stock gained 0.5% in premarket trade and Foot Locker (NYSE:) stock was up 1% while Walmart Inc (NYSE:) and Amazon.com (NASDAQ:) were also in focus. Early data from Adobe (NASDAQ:) suggests that online sales will rise about 19% from a year ago.
• Pacific Gas & Electric Co (NYSE:) stock fell 2.5% after a judge ruled that the California utility can be held liable for damage caused by its power lines, making it easier for wildfire victims to secure compensation from PG&E’s role in the devastating wildfires last year.
• Facebook (NASDAQ:) stock inched down 0.2% after an outage on Thanksgiving lasted several hours and prevented access to its Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger platforms.
• Chevron (NYSE:) stock was in focus after news that it is selling its stake in two Nigerian offshore oil and gas blocks as it moves its focus to U.S.-based production.
• Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:) stock jumped 12% after it agreed to a takeover bid from private-equity firm Apollo Global in a deal worth $5.14 billion excluding debt, or $145 per share.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.