Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up, even disgusted, with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done.
The Sr. Program Analyst reports to a Technical Advisor or Sr. Technical Advisor in Bangladesh and provides technical assistance, research, analytical and operational support across a range of ThinkWell in-country public or private sector health projects. The Sr. Analyst brings strong quantitative skills and research capacity (in health economics, health financing, health insurance, business analytics, statistics, public health and market research) as well as a solid understanding of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health sector programs. The Sr. Analyst typically serves as an individual contributor on a project team.
Position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh – open to Bangladeshi nationals only.
Program Design and Implementation
- Support donor-funded projects with research, data analysis, business analytics, development of business cases, market study, as well as design and implementation of health programs and business initiatives.
- Support Bangladesh Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and other ministries, as needed, with technical assistance, program design and implementation, review of national health financing strategy, budget planning, preparation and execution, and budget advocacy.
- Support the review, design and implementation of health financing mechanisms such as health insurance and financial protection options.
- Lead analyses on health expenditure, including out-of-pocket spending, financial forecasting, benefit incidence analysis, resource tracking and cost-effectiveness.
- Produce high quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, policy briefs, and publications for conferences and journals.
- Create graphics and visualizations of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Contribute to business development, including desk research, technical input, and proposal and concept note writing.
- Conduct quantitative data analysis, including statistical analyses, business analytics, etc.
- Develop research protocols, including data collection instruments such as surveys and semi-structured interview questionnaires, and support validation of instruments.
- Conduct desk research including literature reviews, data mining and analysis on relevant technical and policy issues and effectively summarize findings.
- Data collection and analysis for country research studies.
- Provide quantitative data analysis across a range of subjects.
Project Reporting and Representation
- Draft or revise sections of donor reports and coordinate team member input.
- Occasionally represent ThinkWell with external partners, donors or stakeholders at meetings and events.
Project Administration and Operations
- Support a range of project administrative and operational responsibilities, including staff recruitment and training, communications, organizing meetings and workshops, coordinating travel, and drafting donor correspondence
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Think bigInfluence the conversation Empower others Be exceptional Always question Relate authentically Evolve by learning**
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 7+ yrs experience or graduate degree (Masters) and 5+ yrs experience; degree in economics, statistics, public health, business administration and related fields preferred.
- Relevant work experience in bilateral or multilateral development agency, and/or international NGO, preferably with some experience in the health sector.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required; proficiency in statistical analysis packages (e.g. STATA) preferred.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Established track record of preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations.
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work.
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data.
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Bengali; strong English writing skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.