When you buy through our links, we may earn money from our affiliate partners. Learn more.
- Samsung pulled back the curtain on its 2021 lineup of TVs during its CES 2021 First Look event on January 6.
- The promising new collection of high-end displays includes the company’s first Neo QLED TVs with “Mini LED” technology.
- Samsung also announced new Micro LED TVs which are designed to compete with OLED displays.
- Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but we’ll update this article with purchase details once they’re revealed.
- See also: The best OLED 4K TVs
CES 2021 doesn’t officially kick off until January 11, but Samsung has already announced details on its upcoming lineup of flagship TVs. The company’s high-end display collection will feature 4K and 8K Neo QLED models, as well as a massive 110-inch Micro LED TV.
The term “LED” (light emitting diode) gets thrown around a lot when detailing new TVs so it can be a bit confusing to figure out exactly what each new variation means. When it comes to Samsung’s new displays, the key differentiator this year is the actual size of the LEDs. Basically, smaller LEDs can equate to better picture with improved contrast, brightness, and color.
Below, we’ve broken down what makes Samsung’s Neo QLED and Micro LED TVs unique in greater detail. Though the company hasn’t announced pricing, preorder details, or exact release dates yet, we’ll update this post with that information as soon as it becomes available.