Prince Philip dead: What health problems did the Duke have leading up to his death?


Prince Philip was most recently treated for an “infection”. In February of this year he spent 13 nights at King Edward VII Hospital in central London before being transferred to St Bartholomew’s Hospital. It was said doctors were carrying out testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition. When the royal was first admitted to hospital it was announced “as a precautionary measure”. A royal source also revealed the reason for the hospital stay wasn’t coronavirus-related. 

The hospital admission, the Duke’s longest hospital stay, came after he and Queen had their COVID-19 vaccines. But the royal was said to be in good spirits when he left hospital the middle of March. 

Buckingham Palace released a statement Friday confirming the Duke “passed away peacefully” at Windsor Castle on Friday morning.

The statement read: “It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

“His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”

READ MORE: Dr Amir reveals how many days should pass after jab before blood clotting symptoms appear

 

The Duke had been out of the public eye the last few years after retiring from his royal duties in August 2017.

His retirement meant he would no longer be involved with public engagements.

But Philip’s absences at many family occasions brought his health into question.

While he reportedly remained active and independent following his retirement, indulging in his favourite hobbies – painting, birdwatching and sports – he suffered a string of health issues.

READ  High cholesterol: Eating more carrots, nuts and artichokes could help lower your levels

DON’T MISS

In 2011, Philip missed the royal Christmas service at Sandringham for the first time, as it was revealed he was recovering from emergency surgery.

After suffering chest pains, it was discovered the royal had a blocked artery, which was then treated with a coronary stent – a tube-shaped device which is placed in the coronary arteries.

Philip made a quick recovery, but in 2017 was hospitalised again after becoming ill with an infection linked to his pre-existing heart condition.In April 2018, he underwent a hip replacement.

On April 3 2018 he was admitted to London’s King Edward VII Hospital to undergo the planned procedure.

Buckingham Palace confirmed the surgery was “successful”, but that he was likely to remain in hospital for several days recovering.

In a statement at the time, the palace revealed: “He is progressing satisfactorily at this early stage,” adding that he is “comfortable and in good spirits”.

Hip replacements are a common procedure and required when a hip joint has been through too much wear and tear.

In December last year, Philip spent four nights in King Edward VII’s hospital in Central London.

Buckingham Palace revealed at the time it was a “precautionary measure” for a pre-existing condition.

They didn’t go into detail over the condition he was being treated for, or indeed the treatment he was undergoing.

But his eldest son Prince Charles did speak on the matter, saying: “He’s being looked after very well in hospital. At the moment that’s all we know.”

He was discharged on Christmas Eve. 





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here