Pasadena Police investigation of Dodgers’ Trevor Bauer concludes – Press-Enterprise


The Pasadena Police Department concluded its investigation of Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer on Friday. Now Bauer must wait to learn whether he will face criminal charges stemming from allegations of sexual assault.

“On Friday, Aug. 27, 2021, the Pasadena Police Department, after an extensive investigation, presented the Trevor Bauer case to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office for review,” Lt. Carolyn Gordon of the Pasadena Police Department said in a statement provided to the Southern California News Group. “We have no further comment.”

The investigation lasted more than three months. During that time, Bauer’s accuser was granted a temporary restraining order against the pitcher. Earlier this month, the restraining order was dissolved after a Los Angeles Superior Court judge heard Bauer’s accuser lay bare the details of their relationship.

The woman and Bauer first connected after she tagged him on an Instagram post and he responded. Several days later, on April 21, she said she went to Bauer’s home, where they first talked for several hours about their life experiences and then had rough sex.

The woman testified that Bauer shoved two fingers down her throat, wrapped her hair around her neck and choked her unconscious during her first visit to his Pasadena home.

The two continued to communicate, and Bauer invited her to his home again on May 15. The woman said she went to his residence to build on the positive emotional conversation they had during their first meeting and to move on from the bad sexual experience.

However, she testified that the second encounter with Bauer was even more traumatizing than the first, claiming that he again choked her and also punched her in the face, buttocks and vagina, requiring her to be hospitalized.

See also  World Enough and Time: Coping in place - Examiner Enterprise

The judge who dissolved the temporary restraining order, Dianna Gould-Saltman, said texts from the woman to Bauer after their first sexual encounter stating she wanted to be “choked out” and “wanted all the pain” amounted to consent. Now the District Attorney will review the facts of this case, among other details of the investigation.

Bauer hasn’t pitched since details of the incidents were first reported in June. Major League Baseball placed him on administrative leave, allowing him to receive his full salary from the Dodgers while the criminal investigation persisted. Earlier Friday, MLB extended Bauer’s leave a seventh time for an additional week, so it now runs through Sept. 3. MLB can choose to discipline Bauer under its own domestic violence policy independent of the court procedure.

The Dodgers signed Bauer to a three-year, $102 million contract in February.

INJURY UPDATES

Clayton Kershaw threw off a bullpen mound for the second time this week. Manager Dave Roberts said Kershaw threw at less than 100 percent effort, but it was his longest bullpen since he re-started his rehabilitation after experiencing discomfort in his left elbow.

“From (pitching coach) Mark Prior, it was successful,” Roberts said. “He’s still not obviously ripping it 100 percent, but it was a p[ositive day for Clayton.”

The three-time Cy Young Award winner threw fastballs and breaking balls. His next bullpen could come as early as Monday.



READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here