Millions with hidden disabilities could be entitled to extra £600 payout every four weeks on top of Universal Credit

MILLIONS of people could be entitled to an extra £600 in benefits every months if they are struggling with a hidden disability. 

Anyone who has an illness, disability, or mental health condition could claim Personal Independence Payments PIP on top of Universal Credit. 



NINTCHDBPICT000572016660-1Credit: Alamy

If your mental or physical health has been impacted in the last year then it could be worth applying. 

Those who do qualify for the added cash each month could received between £23.70 and £152.15 per week, 

Over a four week period that would add up to £94.80, or a maximum of £608.60.

More than 2.64 million UK residents claim PIP currently, compared to six million who received Universal Credit. 

PIP is designed to help people who are affected by an illness, disability or mental health condition and was launched in 2013 to gradually replace the Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

To qualify for the extra support, the assessment is based on how the condition affects your day to day life. 

People may be entitled to the extra support if their condition means that they struggle moving around. 

PIP isn’t means-tested so it doesn’t matter how much you earn, or have in savings.

Applicants are assessed by a health professional to work out what they  could be entitled to, and the benefit will be regularly reviewed.

In order to claim PIP you have to have lived in England, Scotland or Wales for at least two of the previous three years and be aged between 16 and the state pension age. 

The condition that you suffer with will be assessed by how it has caused difficulties with daily living or getting around for three months, and you expected them to continue for at least nine.

PIP is usually paid directly to your bank account every four weeks unless you are terminally ill, in which case it is paid every week.

To be assessed for PIP you need to contact the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to make a new claim.

Martin Lewis explains who qualifies for £500 working tax credits payment



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here