Apparently the 29-year-old Smalling has attracted interest from AS Roma. The Italian outfit are ready to take the England defender on loan for the rest of the season with the possibility of making the deal permanent next summer.
As for Darmian, the Mail says that Parma have made enquiries about the 29-year-old, who arrived at Old Trafford from Torino for £12.7m in 2015.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hasn’t warmed to the defender since taking over last December, and it’s believed that an offer has been made for the Italian full-back and all that remains is to agree personal terms.
Alexis loan confirmed
Alexis Sanchez has completed his move to Inter Milan, the Daily Mail reports.
The Chilean forward only scored five goals during a miserable spell at United and he will now play on loan at Italian club Inter until 30 June 2020.
In a statement Inter said of their new frontman: “Throughout Alexis’s life, football has always represented everything, and he has always been happiest with a ball between his feet.
“From now on he’ll have a chance to do this in Nerazzurri colours. So, on behalf of the entire Nerazzurri family, we’d like to wish him a very warm welcome and the best of luck. #WelcomeAlexis.”
Alexis is the second United forward to join Inter this summer after Romelu Lukaku signed for the Milan club on a permanent deal.
This weekend’s Premier League fixtures
Saturday 31 August (3pm unless stated)
- Southampton vs. Manchester United (12.30pm, live on BT Sport)
- Chelsea vs. Sheffield United
- Crystal Palace vs. Aston Villa
- Leicester City vs. AFC Bournemouth
- Manchester City vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
- Newcastle United vs. Watford
- West Ham United vs. Norwich City
- Burnley vs. Liverpool (5.30pm, live on Sky Sports)
Sunday 1 September
- Everton vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers (2pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur (4.30pm, live on Sky Sports)