Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has reportedly told Jadon Sancho that he expects the transfer to be completed, as we head into the final week of the transfer window. Manchester United are yet to make a formal bid for their top target but now they are finally ready to put Borussia Dortmund under pressure.
All summer, Dortmund have made it clear that they will not accept below their £108million valuation.
Despite that, United are said to be preparing an offer worth around £90m to see whether Dortmund soften their stance.
Dortmund remain adamant that the England international will be going nowhere this summer.
They told United earlier this year that if they wanted to conclude a deal, it had to be wrapped up before August 8.
That never happened though and Dortmund’s campaign is now well underway as they look to push Bayern Munich for the Bundesliga title.
However, Norwegian outlet Dagbladet reaffirm the belief that United are ready to launch a bid for Sancho this week.
Not only that but they cite that Solskjaer has held talks with the player and told him that he expects the transfer to go smoothly.
While that is yet to happen, Solskjaer also received assurances from Sancho that he wants to join United.
The player has reportedly agreed a five-year contract at Old Trafford should he get the chance to seal his return to England following his departure from Manchester City in 2017.
Personal terms are not expected to be a problem given that Sancho is keen on joining the Red Devils.
He is unlikely to force through a transfer though out of respect for Dortmund, having only signed a contract extension last season.
While United will be delighted with their three points at Brighton, the performance left a lot to be desired.