Indianola man among three charged in Greenville man's murder – Enterprise-Tocsin

Three men have been charged with capital murder for the shooting death of Kenneth Mason. 

Eighteen-year-old Donnell Corbin and 20-year-old Devonte Jones, both of Greenville, and 21-year-old Fredrick Pearson Jr., of Indianola, have been charged and are awaiting their initial court appearance this afternoon. 

This apparently is not the first time Pearson has been charged with murder.

Back in 2017, The E-T reported that Pearson, then 17, along with three other men (none involved with the alleged murder of Mason) was charged with murder in the death of Lorenzo Edwards, a Greenville man.

His bond was set at $1 million at the time, but it is not clear if Pearson has seen a courtroom in that case.

Several deputies with the Washington County Sheriff’s Department were canvassing Tampa Drive through a traffic stop Monday afternoon as they were following leads on the death of Mason, who was 52. 

Late Monday, the maroon Chevy Trailblazer Mason had been driving was found during the traffic stop. The three males in the SUV were taken into custody by the Washington County Sheriff’s Department to be questioned, Barber said. 

All three men have been in custody at the Washington County Correctional Facility. 

Shortly after noon Wednesday, Oct. 21, the sheriff’s office received a call from someone reporting a white male, who was later identified as Mason, found unresponsive on the ground in the 200 block of Blaylock Road in the Winterville area. 

Mason appeared to have received multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene. His body was flown to Jackson for an autopsy, where it was confirmed he died from the gunshots. 

READ  Blazing Bees win town-wide spelling contest - Wicked Local Marlborough

The Chevy Trailblazer Mason was driving, as well as other personal items, was also missing from the scene, according to Barber. 

Mason was the co-founder of the New York-based nonprofit Stop Abuse Campaign that seeks to help prevent child sexual abuse and neglect. 

A Mississippi native, Mason moved back to Greenville from New York in March after the coronavirus pandemic began.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here