This year, Google Translate rolled out a feature that allows users to instantly translate text from images into other languages. The feature is available on iOS, Android, and web platforms and is extremely simple to use. All you need to do is visit the Google Translate site on your device.
As per Google, You can use your phone’s camera to translate text in the Translate app Translate app. For example, you can translate signs or handwritten notes.
To translate text from images through Google Translate on iOS, Android and Web, you have to follow these simple steps:
iOS: To translate text with your camera
– On your iPhone or iPad, open the Translate app Translate app.
– Choose the languages that you want to translate to and from.
– From: At the bottom, choose a language or tap Detect language .
– To: At the bottom, select the language that you want the translation in.
– Under the text box, tap Camera Camera.
– To translate text from an image that you’ve already captured: Tap Gallery Gallery.
Android: To translate text with your camera –
– Open your Android phone or tablet, open the Translate app Translate app.
– Choose the languages you want to translate to and from.
– From: Choose a language or tap Detect language.
– Select the language you want the translation in.
– On the app home screen, tap Camera Camera.
– To translate text from an image you’ve already captured: tap All Images Gallery.
– To translate what you find through your camera:
– Point your camera at the text you want to translate.
– To freeze the translated text in camera view, tap Shutter .
– Open the Google Translate website on your desktop
– Click on the Images tab at the top-left
– Browse your computer for image that needs to be translated
– You can upload a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png image for translation
– You can see the original and the translated images on your screen
Apple Finally Makes This Big Change For iPhone Users
Apple Could Face Security Issues With iPhones
Beware! New Cyber Scams On WhatsApp #shorts
How to get #iphone15 #dynamicisland on #android ?
iPhone Users Can Now Send Original Photos, Videos On WhatsApp
Google is giving you the option of 130 languages to translate the text from images. The system will translate the text into the default language you have selected.
It is important to note that the translation accuracy depends on the clarity of the text. Translation of small, unclear, or stylized text may not be accurate.
first published: November 17, 2023, 11:04 IST