- You can charge your Bose headphones by connecting their USB cable from the headphones to a power source like a computer, wall charger, or power bank.
- Bose headphones have their power jack on the right side of the headphones, and most use a Micro USB cable — the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 use a USB-C cable.
- It will take about two and a half hours to fully charge your Bose headphones.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
All wireless Bose headphones have a few things in common, like an integrated Lithium-ion battery and the need to stay charged. A Bose with a dead battery might still play if you plug it in with a physical AUX cable, but it won’t be able to connect to Bluetooth, and its noise cancelling features won’t work.
Whether you own Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II, QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones II, or even QuietControl 30 Wireless Headphones, they’re all charged in the same way.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to charge Bose headphones
1. Find the USB port on your headphones, usually on the right earcup (on neckband-style headphones, it’ll be on the right side of the neckband). It will be a Micro USB connector for most headphones, though the new Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 use USB-C.
2. Connect one end of a USB cable to the port on the headphones.
3. Plug the other end into a computer that’s turned on, a USB power bank, or a USB wall charger.
4. Let the headphones charge until the power light on the headphones glows a steady color.
It generally takes about two and a half hours to charge fully depleted headphones.
A few Bose models have quick-charge capability. The Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, for example, will give you 3.5 hours of power after just a 15-minute charge.
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.