- To add an event to your iPhone’s calendar, open the Calendar app and tap the plus sign at the top right of the screen.
- You can also add events by tapping the “Create Event” option when it appears in other apps.
- After you add an event, you can easily edit or delete it by tapping that item in the calendar.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
The iPhone’s Calendar app is a simple tool for keeping track of your meetings and appointments. It isn’t particularly sophisticated, but that can be an advantage because it’s easy to quickly add events to your schedule.
How to add an event to the iPhone’s calendar
There are two ways to add events — manually through the app, and automatically through other apps.
1. Start the Calendar app.
2. Tap the plus sign at the top right of the screen.
3. Fill out the event details. Enter a title for the event — this is the only mandatory field — and then adjust the date and time. If it’s an all-day event, swipe the “All-day” button to the right. You can also tap the “Repeat” option if this is an event that’s going to occur regularly.
You can tap “Invitees” to send an email invite to others to join the meeting, or leave that field blank. And tapping “Alert” will allow you to set up notifications for the event, so there’s no risk of you missing it.
4. When you’re done, tap “Add” in the top-right corner.
To add an event automatically:
1. In the Mail or Messages app, find a message someone has sent you that has a time listed in it. You’ll likely see that it’s underlined, while the text around it isn’t.
2. If the time is underlined, tap it. A menu should appear showing a variety of options — tap “Create event.”
3. A pop-up titled “New Event” will appear, and you can enter details about the event like you did above. The time and possibly date will already be filled in.
4. Tap “Add” to create the event on your calendar.
How to edit or delete an event on your iPhone’s calendar
After you create an event on the calendar, you can edit it — or delete it entirely.
1. Using the Calendar app, find the event you want to change. You can do this in any view that shows individual calendar items, such as the day view or itinerary view.
2. Tap the event you want to change.
3. To delete the event, tap “Delete” at the bottom of the screen. Confirm you want to do this by tapping “Delete Event” in the pop-up window at the bottom of the screen.
4. To edit the event, tap “Edit” at the top-right.
5. Make any changes you want to the event. You can change the name of the event, adjust the meeting time, add notes, or make any other adjustments you want.
6. When you’re finished, tap “Done” at the top-right. Your changes will be saved.