Housing benefit: You may need evidence to support your claim – full list of requirements

New claims can be made for housing benefit if a person is receiving (or was entitled to) the severe disability premium, has reached state pension age or is in supported, sheltered or temporary housing.

To apply for housing benefit, claimants will need to go through their local council or process it as part of a pension credit claim.

When applying, certain basic information will need to be provided such as how much rent is paid, whether any utilities are included in the rent, if any service charges are paid and the landlord or agent’s details.

However, if certain “special” types of tenancy are involved more specific details will be needed.

READ MORE: PIP UK: Claimants can receive boosted housing benefit payments


READ  Seamless travel: You may soon use Delhi Metro smartcard to pay for parking too


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here