SRPING half term is almost upon us, and families keen to take a break from an incredibly wet May can find some great deals on last-minute getaways to Portugal.
The popular tourist hot spot still has plenty of room for visitors, who can bag a bargain holiday from just £176 per person.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
On May 7, Grant Shapps announced the long-awaited list of where Brits can go on holiday without having to quarantine on their return.
Portugal was on the green list, along with 12 other destinations, including Gibraltar, Israel and Iceland.
Despite the strong demand for trips to Portugal, the country is nowhere near fully booked.
It means Brits can make the most of the May half-term break and jet off for some sunshine – these are some of the best deals:
- Easyjet Holidays 31 May – 4 nights Victor’s Plaza apartments from £293pp
- Easyjet Holidays 1 June – 4 nights Jupiter Marina Hotel & Couples from £399pp
- TUI 30 May 4-nights TUI Blue Hotel Falesia from £425pp
- TUI 20 May 4-nights Cerra Da Marina apartments from £299pp
- Thomas Cook Adriana Beach Club all-inclusive 30 May 4-nights from £499pp
- Thomas Cook Auramar Beach Hotel half-board 1 June 2021 4-nights from £299pp
- BA Holidays 31 May 4-nights Porto Bay Falesia Hotel from £477pp
- Love Holidays 30 May 4-night breaks from £176pp
- Travel Republic 30 May 4-night breaks from £249pp
The government’s publication of its traffic light system has sparked a scramble for flights and hotel bookings – with Brits now allowed to travel abroad for the first time this year.
Brits won’t have to quarantine on their return from green list countries, but will still need a negative Covid test before returning to the UK, and a further one on day two after arriving home.
This week’s best deals on holidays abroad
Online holiday searches for Portugal, which has one of Europe’s lowest infection rates, have risen by 115 per cent.
Gibraltar, which is also on the green list, has seen bookings double.
Brit tourist favourites France, Greece and Spain are not yet on the green list, meaning Brits will have to wait until at least June 7 to find if they can go on holiday there this summer.
LET’S GO FAR-O
TUI’s summer sale includes £50 off Portugal hols & £100 off Greece & Malta
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.