Greater Manchester MP discharged from hospital after coronavirus fight


GREATER Manchester MP Yasmin Qureshi has been discharged after being rushed to hospital after catching coronavirus and developing pneumonia.

The Labour MP heaped praised on the NHS doctors who cared for her after four days of medical treatment.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Ms Qureshi has been released from hospital after developing pneumonia

1

Ms Qureshi has been released from hospital after developing pneumoniaCredit: PA:Press Association

Ms Qureshi said this morning: “A quick message to say that, thanks to the excellent care I received at @boltonnhsft over the last week, I have now been discharged from hospital.

“I am so grateful to the wonderful staff who looked after me and proud of the NHS.”

“I am grateful for to my staff for keeping the office running in my absence and to the House of Commons Speaker @LindsayHoyle_MP for allowing me to still be able to vote this week.

“I am completely overwhelmed by the kind messages I have received from everyone, they meant so much.”

The Bolton MP, 57, was sick with the bug for two weeks and had to be taken into hospital for extra care on Monday.

Her admission to hospital came as Boris Johnson was forced to impose Tier 3 restrictions on Greater Manchester after talks with mayor Andy Burnham collapsed.

READ  Why the Tories are now the party of the working class – who are set to back Boris Johnson on Thursday

In a statement on Monday she said: “Two weeks ago, I began to feel unwell. I then tested positive for COVID-19, so my family and I immediately self-isolated at home. I have not travelled to Westminster or anywhere else.

“I continued to work as best I could remotely, attending virtual meetings and doing casework, but after 10 days, I began to feel much worse and on Saturday I was admitted to the Royal Bolton Hospital with pneumonia.

“I’m being very well looked after and have nothing but praise and admiration for the wonderful staff at the hospital.

“They have been amazing throughout the process and I would like to extend my thanks to everyone working here in such difficult circumstances.”

 

Boris Johnson promises Manchester WILL get £60m extra funding for lockdown





READ SOURCE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here