The money from the Facebook Small Business Grants Programme can be used to retain staff, pay the rent and come together to be a part of the SME community. The company has partnered with Goodera for this venture.
In India, SMEs have to submit their application between 15 and 21 September 2020. The businesses chosen for the grant will receive Rs 63,000 and another Rs 38,000 in optional Facebook advertisement credits. SMEs without having a Facebook presence are also eligible for the grant.
Who can apply?
- SMEs that have 2-50 employees as on January 1, 2020
- Have been in business for over a year
- Experienced challenges from Covid-19
- Be in or near a location where Facebook operates (New Delhi, Gurugram, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru)
- Have GST registration certificate
- Have Business PAN
- Be a for-profit company
Application dos and donts’
- SMEs can apply for grants for only one business. People owning multiple small businesses need to choose only one as Facebook will consider duplicate or multiple applications.
- Facebook will be verifying each submission so only those applicants whose names appear in the business documents should apply.
- It can ask for more details wherever needed. The SME owners have to provide a mobile number that is linked to their Aadhaar card. Alerts will be sent via SMS and emails.
- The company is maintaining a strict timeline for the additional information and applicants have to respond in 48 hours or within the deadline for response given in the email.