Meanwhile, doctor recommendations on managing vascular dementia will likely include:
- Participating in regular physical activity
- Eating healthily
- Try to maintain a healthy weight
- Engage in social activities
- Challenge the brain with games, puzzles, art class, or listening to new music
- Limiting the amount of alcohol you consume.
The risk factors for developing vascular dementia
“One in every four or five people who have a stroke go on to develop dementia,” the charity pointed out.
Anyone who has heart problems, hypertension, high blood sugar, or smoke are at heightened risk of developing vascular dementia.
“Research suggests that regular exercise and a healthy diet, especially in mid-life and beyond, might also help to lower risk,” the charity added.