ALL eyes will be on Arsenal as they begin the Premier League season against Crystal Palace – and they won’t want a repeat of the last year.
The Gunners were humiliated by Brentford on the opening day of the 2021/22 campaign.
And they were bottom of the table by the first international break with NINE goals conceded and ZERO scored.
But the North London outfit have only beaten Crystal Palace three times in their last ten encounters.
What time does Crystal Palace vs Arsenal kick off?
- Crystal Palace will be rolling out the red carpet for Arsenal on Friday, August 5.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 8pm UK time.
- Selhurst Park in South London will host the first game of the new Premier League season and it can hold around 25,000 fans.
- Palace dismantled the Gunners 3-0 when the London rivals met towards the end of last season.
What TV channel is Crystal Palace vs Arsenal on and can I live stream it?
- Crystal Palace vs Arsenal will be broadcast LIVE on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League.
- Pre-match coverage will commence from 6:30pm UK time on both channels.
- Subscription holders of Sky Sports also have the option to stream the entire action live via the Sky Go app and Sky Sports website.
Patrick Vieira seems to be having goalkeeper troubles ahead of the huge opening clash against his former side as a player.
Jack Butland’s broken hand has ruled him out of the clash but Sam Johnstone is close to recovering from his thigh problem.
Mikel Arteta has been forced to be without the quartet of Kieran Tierney, Takehiro Tomiyasu, Fabio Vieira and Emile Smith Rowe.
But the Arsenal boss confirmed after the thrashing on Sevilla, that ‘most’ of them will be ready.
Arteta said: “They’ll have to go through what they need to this week and then hopefully we’ll have them available.
“They are lacking minutes but we’ll have to build that up like any other injury that we get during the season.”
- Crystal Palace to win 17/5
- Draw 27/10
- Arsenal to win 5/6
*Odds courtesy of Betfair correct as of Thursday, August 4