Child benefit claimants may also get guardian’s allowance payments under these conditions

Guardian’s allowance can be claimed as soon as the child comes to live with the claimant.

To claim it, people will need to fill in the “BG1” claim form.

The form will then need to be sent to the guardian’s allowance unit with the child’s full birth certificate and the parents’ death certificates.

Guardian’s allowance can be backdated by up to three months, providing some leeway for those who are delayed in applying.

If a claim is rejected, claimants will be able to challenge the decision through mandatory reconsideration.


READ  There's still time to claim for mis-sold PPI


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here