PARTY tonight, then recover tomorrow with these deals on drinks to welcome finally seeing the back of 2020.
And after an evening celebrating the beginning of hopefully a better year, nourish your way into 2021 by trying one of my comforting winter recipes from Morrisons.com.
POP your cork with these sparkling deals. But be quick, as many are ending tomorrow.
Get a bottle of champers for half price at Morrisons until New Year’s Day. Charles de Villers bubbly, down from £20 to £9.99.
Save £4 on Louis Delaunay champagne at Tesco. Was £14, now £10 until January 2.
Save £9 on champagne by Charles Lecouvey at Waitrose, down from £26.99 to £17.99.
Think pink with Maschio Rose prosecco at Morrisons, just £6.50 for a bottle until tomorrow.
Get a fiver off a magnum of Sainsbury’s Conegliano prosecco, down to £16 from £21 until January 1.
For an English fizz, Sainsbury’s has Ellercombe English sparkling wine, down to £15 from £24.
But for a French fizz, Lidl has Clairette de Die Tradition, from the Rhône region, for £8.99. A delightfully light, sweet sparkler.
For a bargain bottle, Sorso prosecco is £4.99 at Morrisons until tomorrow, down from £6. Perfect for a quiet New Year’s Eve in.
For a G&T that’s a real tonic, Gordon’s 0.0% is currently available at Tesco and Amazon for £14. Save £4 on Ceder’s classic non-alcoholic spirit at Sainsbury’s, down from, £20 to £16.
Buy two for £10 on Freixenet alcohol-free sparkling white wine at Morrisons, £6 each.
Kopparberg alcohol-free cider is £1.30 for a 500ml bottle or buy three for £3, saving 90p at Morrisons.
Best of the rest
GRAB a cheap treat when it comes to beers, wines or spirits, again several offers end tomorrow.
A 70cl bottle of Chivas Regal 12-year-old Scotch at Morrisons, was £28, now £20 until January 1.
In Scotland, save big on whiskies at Morrisons including Laphroaig Select, now £20 until tomorrow.
Save £10.50 on a bottle of Southern Comfort at Sainsbury’s, down from £28.50 to £18.
No need to shake it to make it, with Lidl’s Deluxe Espresso Martini, £9.99.
Fans of white wine will enjoy £2 off a bottle of Oyster Bay NZ sauvignon blanc at the Co-op, down from £9.50 to £7.50.
And red wine lovers will rejoice at £3 off a bottle of Luis Felipe Edwards Chilean merlot at Waitrose, now £5.99 a bottle.
Save £8 on Jack Daniel’s whiskey at Sainsbury’s, now £16.
Selected packs of beers and ciders are £9.99 at Morrisons until tomorrow, including 20 x 284ml Stella Artois.
- Prices may differ depending on location.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 625g braising steak, or use lean braising steak
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 250g carrots, peeled and diced
- 350g butternut squash peeled and diced
- 250g parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 litre beef stock
- 220g baked beans
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 pinches pepper
- Cut beef into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in a large casserole or saucepan and fry on a high heat to seal all sides.
- Add onion, carrot, parsnips, butternut squash and potatoes and cook, stirring, for a further five minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over, stir well, then add the chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, Worcestershire sauce and stock.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and cook covered for an hour, stirring often.
- Remove lid, add baked beans and season with black pepper.
- Raise the heat so stew is bubbling and cook for a further 15 minutes, uncovered.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 whole leek, trimmed and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 tin cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin butterbeans
- 2 handfuls basil, roughly chopped
MAKING A MINT
The 12 rarest and most valuable coins of 2020 and they could be worth £230
- Drizzle olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion, celery, carrot and leek for five minutes. Add the garlic, tomato purée and balsamic vinegar. Cook for a minute.
- While stirring, add the tinned and cherry tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and thyme. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme. Add the cannellini and butter beans and simmer for a further five minutes.
- Add basil and serve.
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com