- Bring down dependency on coking coal by incentive to develop Jharkhand’s Jharia mines
- Lower basic customs duty and correct inverted duty structure on critical raw materials
- The GST Compensation Cess on coal was for only 5 years to July 1st, 2022. It should end
- Restore countervailing duty (CVD) on stainless steel products from China and Indonesia
- To promote Atmanirbhar Bharat, impose (Anti Dumping Duty) on certain steel products.
- Benefits of Taxation for green steel
“Hydrogen mission started by the government is an excellent move the same should be fast-tracked and just like other countries India must adopt a green steel public procurement policy in the budget,” said JSW Steel’s director, commercial and marketing, Jayant Acharya.
“The budget should be pro-infrastructure, if the budget is pro-infra then more planning will take place, which will boost and revive the entire steel sector,” said JSPL’s managing director V.R Sharma.