BSES Delhi discoms to procure 50% power from renewable energy sources by 2024


Reliance Infrastructure-led BSES Delhi discoms plan to procure half their energy requirements from renewable energy projects by 2024.

Recently, the two companies signed agreements with Solar Energy Corp of India (SECI) to procure 510 Mw of solar and hybrid power below Rs 2.50 a unit.

The share of green energy in

led BSES’ power portfolio is progressively increasing over-time and will reach over 50% of its long-term power arrangements by FY 23-24, a source in BSES said.

“By FY 23-24, 3300 MW of renewable power will be operationalised by BSES and will power the national capital. Of this, 2291 Mw will be solar, wind and waste-to-energy and around 1000 Mw, hydro. Barring 150 Mw, rest of the power has already been tied-up. Even this 150 MW (of wind-power) will be tied-up soon,” the source said.

By FY 23-24, 36% of BSES’s long-term arrangements will comprise pure play renewable energy and 16%, hydro power, totaling 52%.

At present, around 22% of long-term arrangements of the two discoms comprises green power, which includes renewable power of over 9% (or 365 MW) and about 13% (or 548 MW) hydro.

The green energy component of the companies is dominated by solar power, followed by hydro, wind, hybrid and waste-to-energy.

2020-21* 2021-22** 2022-23** 2023-24**

Source MW % of Total Portfolio MW % of Total Portfolio MW % of Total Portfolio MW % of Total Portfolio
Wind 250 6% 500 9% 500 8% 650 10%
Solar 91 2% 1091 20% 1391 22% 1391 22%
Hybrid 0% 0% 210 3% 210 3%
WTE 24 1% 39.91 1% 39.91 1% 39.91 1%
Hydro 548 13% 548 10% 1015 16% 1015 16%
BSES 913 22% 2179 40% 3156 50% 3306 52%

Break-up by source (MW)



READ SOURCE

See also  Fitch says liquidity pressures faced by non-banking financial sector to continue

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here