SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 24, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Black Hat, the world’s leading producer of information security events, today announces the release of its initial Briefings lineup for Black Hat Europe 2020, taking place virtually 7-10 of December. The virtual event will feature nearly 40 Briefings presented by top security professionals who will reveal new vulnerabilities and defenses spanning all levels of information security.
Black Hat Europe 2020 program highlights include:
- Mobile vulnerabilities, including a talk that will show the first systematic security analysis on 11 popular commercial app-in-app ecosystems, revealing four new serious vulnerabilities that allow an attacker to access the camera, photo gallery, microphone, and more.
- Flaws with embedded TCP/IP stacks, revealing over a dozen new vulnerabilities deployed in everything from networking equipment and medical devices to industrial control systems. Researchers will discuss the nuances in their exploitability and potential impact, demonstrating a proof-of-concept against a yet to be disclosed high profile target.
- Vulnerabilities with Bluetooth’s Host-Controller Interface (HCI), where researchers will share more than a dozen IOBluetoothFamily HCI kernel zero-day vulnerabilities that have been hidden in plain sight. They will also demonstrate how they can attack undocumented vendor commands.
- An attack on PDF documents, including a demonstration on how to use a single link to compromise the contents of a PDF and exfiltrate it to a remote server, steal the contents of a PDF without user interaction, and much more.
- An overview of fingerprint-jacking, where researchers will reveal five novel attacking techniques through fingerprint hijacking that can be launched from zero-permission malicious apps, allowing attackers to steal money via a popular payment app, gain access to the most widely used root manager app, and more.
To view the current 2020 program lineup and presentation abstracts, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/briefings/schedule/index.html
Black Hat Europe 2020 Executive Summit
On Tuesday, December 8, Europe’s notable security executives will attend the Executive Summit aimed towards security leaders and forward thinkers. Participants will hear from a variety of industry experts who are helping shape the next generation of information security strategy. To learn more, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/executive-summit.html
Black Hat Trainings
Black Hat Europe will offer four days of deeply technical, hands-on Training courses led by some of the brightest minds in the industry. This year’s trainings will span topics covering defense, pentesting, infrastructure hacking, and more. For information on the lineup, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/training/schedule/index.html
Black Hat Arsenal
Black Hat Arsenal will return virtually for Black Hat Europe with its highly popular tool and demo area, showcasing the hottest developments from the open-source community. For more information on Arsenal and to see tools when they have been selected, visit: https://www.blackhat.com/eu-20/arsenal-overview.html
About Black Hat
For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the very latest in information security research, development, and trends. These high-profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration among academia, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat Briefings and Trainings are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is brought to you by Informa Tech.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global Technology community. We’re an international business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programmes each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. Learn more about Informa Tech.
Black Hat PR