It’s halfway through November which means Black Friday is almost here – but for some retailers it has already started early.
Black Friday has become one of, if not THE most popular shopping dates on the calendar. This year the official date for Black Friday is November 24.
However as we mentioned, many retailers take the opportunity to launch sneaky early deals that might be worth picking up just in time for Christmas meaning effectively Black Friday season is already on its final countdown.
And with the cost of living higher than it has been for years, getting the best deal possible for Christmas could help you save cash for the more essential items in your life.
If you’re a fan of tech, we’ve already compiled some of the best Currys Black Friday 2023 deals that you can explore for any early bargains.
So how do you find the best deals and read about what can you expect before and on Black Friday? We’ve done a round-up of the best tips and tricks as well as the best deals around for you to look at.
Black Friday falls on November 24, 2023 this year and Cyber Monday will take place on Monday, November 27 2023. However, many retailers have already started cutting prices on certain products.
Throughout the month, you can see retailers slash prices of thousands of products before, during and even after Black Friday weekend. However, just because it has “Black Friday deal” next to it – doesn’t mean it’s a good deal.
If there is a specific item you want during Black Friday, make sure you do a little research as other retailers might be selling the product cheaper during their own Black Friday deal duration – or you might just find it cheaper anyway.
Black Friday has become so universal that most popular retailers take part in the event before, during and after Black Friday. Some retailers have already started flogging off Black Friday products.
Amazon’s Black Friday sale officially begins on November 17, so there’ll be a whole 11 days of deals to scour through, while ASOS, Virgin Media, BT, Sky and more are expected to take part as November continues.
Beauty and skincare fans will want to take a look at the deals featured in Boots’ version of the event, with hundreds of discounts across gifts, fragrances and electricals.
Some retailers wait until Black Friday to unveil the best offers but it’s worth keeping a close eye on items that you have been wanting just in case a deal pops up.
The deals on Black Friday can be some of the cheapest of the year, but this isn’t always the case. Discounts often range from 20 to 80 percent off, but some retailers show a price history, which makes it easier to identify how good the deal is compared to earlier in the year.
For example, Amazon usually marks its products with ‘lowest price in 30 days’, so it’s worth keeping an eye out for these, as prices can fluctuate so frequently.
With Black Friday sales starting earlier in the month, buying some items before the week itself can be less overwhelming and avoid both the last-minute rush and the urge to make impulse purchases – it’s also worth checking the returns policy before buying, in case the price drops later on.
Sometimes it can feel overwhelming especially with multiple retailers telling you about their amazing Black Friday deals so what should you do to ensure you get the best Black Friday deal?
We’ve complied some top tips so you don’t feel overwhelmed or you get ripped off during Black Friday.
- Do research ahead of time – preparation is key and getting some background knowledge on items you intend to buy will save you time and effort ahead of the big day. Don’t forget to read the reviews and expert roundups for an independent recommendation.
- Register your interest – Sign up to specific retailer newsletters to stay in the loop and get the latest news on what they will be offering for Black Friday. Most retailers will be regularly updating shoppers on all the exciting promotions and the latest deals on thousands of products in the lead up and during the shopping bonanza.
- Bookmark pages of products you want ahead of time, that way when the clock strikes midnight you won’t have to waste time scrolling through thousands of products.
- Get online early – online demand last year was unprecedented, and we expect this year will be no different. It’s worth burning the midnight oil if you really want to score huge deals.
- Compare prices across a number of retailers and look for free delivery options to maximise your savings. This will help ensure you get the best possible discounts on all your coveted items.