Cheap food, money off clothes, lower prices on tech … there are plenty of discounts and deals out there for students.
Totum has a free digital version, but the card, which you will often need for the deal, costs from £14.99. The other two are free. There’s also the Young Scot card available free to those aged 11 to 26 living in Scotland. However, with some retailers, flashing your university card may do the trick. Be sure to keep a close eye on websites such as MoneySavingExpert and Save the Student because they feature regularly updated details.
Here are some of the best deals on offer right now:
• 10% off groceries at the Co-op (for Totum, Young Scot and NUS Apprentice extra cardholders).
• 20% off at bakery chain Paul (Totum).
• Apple has special pricing for students at, or heading off to, university, and parents buying for uni students via schemes such as UNiDAYS and Totum. A free pair of Apple AirPods when you buy an iPad or Mac is one tempting promotion.
• New Look is offering those with valid student ID 21% off. UNiDAYS is one of the participating schemes.
• 10% off at Topshop (Totum, UNiDAYS and Student Beans, among others).
• Amazon is offering a free six-month trial of its Prime Student service. After that you pay £3.99 a month (half the usual cost). You can cancel at any time.
• Asos normally offers a 10% student discount, though for a limited period (until 14 September) it has been increased to 15%. Available via the Asos student validation form, UNiDAYS and Totum.
• Odeon cinemas is offering an additional 25% off the price of a student ticket at most venues Monday–Thursday (Totum, in-person purchases only).
• Currys is offering a basic iron, kettle and toaster bundle aimed at students for £17.