Type of expenses covered
The policy covers expenses subject to limits specified under each head:
- Pre, post and hospitalisation expenses
- Home care treatment
- Ayush treatment (non-allopathic)
- Road ambulance cover
- Treatment for co-morbities during the treatment for Covid-19
What is not covered
The cover will only be applicable if the person insured tests positive for Covid. Expenses such as diagnostic expenses not related to current diagnosis or hospitalisation, dietary supplements, unproven treatments, vaccination charges, treatment expenses incurred in case of diagnosis outside India are not covered under Corona Kavach.
Waiting period & medicals
A waiting period of 15 days is applicable from the date of inception of the policy. No medical tests are required to obtain the policy.
How to purchase
The policy can be purchased from an insurance agent or insurance company or the insurance aggregator website.
Point to note
- Policy coverage shall cease if the insured person travels to any country placed under travel restriction by the government.
- The policy covers expenses for bed charges, nursing charges, blood tests, PPE kits, oxygen, ICU and doctor consultation fees during hospitalisation.
(Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)