Happy Monday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know going on locally today.
First, today’s weather:
Turning cloudy and cold. High: 31, low: 27.
Here are the top 5 stories in Three Village today:
- Learn all Cryptocurrency at the Emma Clark Memorial Library. What is Crypto? Is it safe? Should I invest? Your questions will be answered on Jan 27, at 06:30 p.m. Click here to register. (Emma C. Memorial Library)
- BJ’s Wholesale Club and Walmart on Nesconset Highway in East Setauket reported merchandise theft this month. Reports were made between Jan. 9 and 10. No arrests were made and cases continue under investigation. (TBRNEWS)
- The Port Jefferson Free Library was nominated as one of America’s star libraries for 2021. The good news was shared by the Library Journal. (tbrnewsmedia.com)
- Long Island’s Winter Restaurant Week has started! Lots of restaurants are participating this year, offering fixed-price menus. Local businesses were hurt hard over the pandemic so, support them by participating in ordering from an eatery near you. (LI News 12)
- Are you up to winter hiking? Hike through the preserve; walk along the river to the hatchery at the Lakeland County Park. Click here for more information about hiking groups and events. (LongIsland.com)
Today’s Three Village Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
- “Come early. And come hungry. Because these breakfast sandwiches are massive.
Hungry men. Bacon, egg, and cheeses. Even signature creations, such as The Spicy President (that’s three eggs scrambled or fried, bacon, cherry peppers, chipotle mayo, and pepper jack on a hero). You can also build your breakfast hero.” (Greater Long Island)
- Stony Brook Athletics: “Women’s Hoops Tops UAlbany in Empire Clash.” (Facebook)
- Stony Brook Athletics: “Five Score Double Figures as Men’s Basketball Runs Win Streak to Three with Win Over UAlbany.” (Facebook)
- Sandy Dayton, Neighbor: “Can anyone explain the Life Skills course given to students at Commack High school, it is a non-diploma 6-year program. How do those kids get jobs in the future and who knows any kids that passed a GED after completion of that course? ” (Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- FREE WEBINAR | “The Splendors of Venice” Presented by Dr. Rocky Ruggiero. (Jan. 25)
- Join Mather Hospital For A HealthyU Webinar On Heart Care. (Feb. 1)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Loving the Three Village Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Debora Whitehead